Minirin treatment regimen

It is recommended to prescribe Minirin (0.1 mg / 0.2 mg) in tablets 30-40 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal. Adequate dose of Minirin is selected mainly during the first 3-4 days of treatment individually.

In the majority of patients, the daily dose of Minirin is 0.1-0.4 mg (1 tab. 0.1 mg to 2 tablets. 0.2 mg each). There is no correlation between the age of patients and the daily dose of Minirin. Thus, a patient of five years received 0.2 mg of Minirin per day, and a patient of sixteen years – 0.06 mg of Minirin per day.

The multiplicity of Minirin is 2-3 times a day (morning – day – evening). An analysis of the dose equivalent ratio of intranasal adiuretin and tableted Minirin in the studied patient cohort showed that in one group of patients (47%) one drop of Adiuretin corresponded to 0.1–0.15 mg of Minirin, in the other group (53%) one drop of Adiuretin corresponded to 0.2–0.25 mg of Minirin .

Mininin treatment results

The treatment with Minirin tablets in the study group of patients with central diabetes insipidus revealed a pronounced positive effect of the drug, both clinical and according to laboratory studies. Thus, in the process of treatment with Minirin, thirst and polyuria were absent in patients. All patients noted a significant ease of taking Minirin tablets as compared with intranasal adiuretin, which somewhat increased their psychological tone and quality of life. When joining intercurrent catarrhal diseases, the advantage of tablet Minin was undeniable.
Diurez during treatment with adiuretin ranged from 1.2 to 3 liters per day, while treatment with Minirin somewhat decreased and ranged from 1.1 to 2.1 liters per duck. In urine tests for Zimnitsy who under treatment with Minirin less often met a low proportion in separate portions.

Side effects

The side effects and complications during the treatment of Minirin with patients with central diabetes insipidus were practically not detected.

It should be remembered about the possibility of an overdose of the drug. Sometimes this is observed during the dose selection period, sometimes during treatment with the same dose or with a change in the patient’s lifestyle (hot season, moving to a different climatic zone). Therefore, patients taking Minirin should be well aware of the symptoms of overdose: headache, reduction of diuresis less than 1 l / day, swelling of the face, legs, dyspeptic phenomena. With the appearance of these symptoms, the dose should be reduced. Especially caution should be prescribed desmopressin in the first 3 years of life. It is preferable, except for extreme cases, not to treat non-diabetes mellitus in children under 3 years of age.

Practical advice

1 . The dose of Minirin should be selected individually for each patient. Treatment should begin with small doses of Minirin (0.1 mg Minirin), followed by an increase in the dose according to the presence of thirst, diuresis and urine specific gravity.

2. There is no correlation between the age of patients and the daily dose of Minirin. In patients with obesity, the need for Minirin is increased.

3. The duration of action of Minirin is from 8 to 12 hours, and therefore the frequency of taking the drug should be 2-3 times a day. For better absorption, Minirin is recommended to be taken 30-40 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after a meal.
4. Special attention should be paid to the first 2-3 days of taking Minirin, when an overdose may cause short-term swelling of the face and a slight fluid retention with an increase in the urine specific gravity. When these symptoms appear, the dose should be reduced.

local_offerevent_note October 1, 2019

account_box Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *