Anesthetic tablets are available in every home medicine cabinet and are used in emergency cases when it is necessary to calm headaches, toothache or alleviate the condition with other pathologies. Doctors say that the pain syndrome is an alarm signal, which may indicate the onset of serious diseases. Therefore, you can not ignore it, but you also do not need to use uncontrolled analgesics. It should be understood that drugs with analgesic effect do not treat, but only eliminate an unpleasant symptom for a while. If there is a constant pain syndrome, it is necessary to undergo examination and take analgesics after the diagnosis is clarified and according to the doctor’s prescription.
Anesthetic medications, depending on the composition and form of release, affect the nervous system, the brain, or show a local analgesic effect. They are widely used in all areas of medicine and produced in a variety of dosage forms. In pharmacology, analgesics are represented by a variety of groups, each of which is designed to treat a particular type of pain. How to understand a wide range of drugs and find good analgesic tablets that are safe for health? We will try to answer this question in our article.
Classification of pain relievers
Which tablets pain best, and with what type of pain can you apply those or other means? The answer to this question can be given only by a specialist depending on the clinical picture of the disease. In fact, all painkillers can be divided into 2 main groups:
- Narcotic analgesics. The mechanism of action of such medications is based on the inhibition of the central nervous system. The effect of active components allows you to change the nature of the pain syndrome due to direct influence on certain parts of the central nervous system and the brain. As a result, bouts of pain stop, and the patient experiences a state of euphoria. Narcotic analgesics are dangerous because they cause drug dependence, therefore they are used only for the purpose of the doctor for the treatment of pain syndrome, which develops against the background of serious cardiovascular, oncological diseases and other severe conditions.
- Non-narcotic analgesics. An extensive group of drugs with analgesic effect, not affecting the central nervous system. Such drugs are free from drawbacks of opioid analgesics, do not provoke addiction, do not have sedative, hypnotic and other side effects. In addition to the analgesic effect, the drugs of this group show anti-inflammatory effect, quickly stop pain cider and are included in the scheme of complex treatment of many diseases.
Depending on the composition and principle of action, all pain relievers are divided into several subgroups:
- Simple (traditional) analgesics. This group includes pyrozolones and drugs based on their combinations (Analgin, Spazmalgon, Tempalgin).
- Combined analgesics. The composition of such medicines includes several components that provide an analgesic effect. As a rule, the basis of the drug is paracetamol in combination with other synthetic components. Such drugs, in addition to powerful analgesic action, show antipyretic, anti-inflammatory or antispasmodic properties (Ibuklin, Trigan, Caffetin, Pentalgin, Vix Active Symptomax).
- Means for migraine. Headache with persistent migraine attacks is hard to stop with usual analgesics. Therefore, special painkillers are used, which additionally exhibit a vasodilating and spasmolytic effect (Relpax, Sumatriptan, Frovatriptan).
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Preparations of this group are marked by pain-relieving and antipyretic properties, quickly stop the inflammatory process. Such funds are prescribed for headache, dental, joint, muscular pain, they are used for diseases of the spine, osteochondrosis, rheumatism and other pathologies of inflammatory nature accompanied by pain syndrome. To the list of analgesic tablets from the group of NSAIDs are preparations Ibuprofen, Nurofen, Nalgezin, Naproksen, Ketanov, Dolomin, Ketorolac, etc.
- Inhibitors of COX-2 (coxibs). Safe painkillers from the NSAID group, which are isolated in a separate subgroup. This is due to the fact that similar drugs, in contrast to other NSAIDs, protect the gastric mucosa. Therefore, these drugs have an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect without adversely affecting the digestive tract. Assign them to relieve the pain syndrome with peptic ulcer, arthritis, osteochondrosis and other joint diseases (Omeprazole, Celecoxib, Parecoxib, Etoricoxib).
- Spasmolytics. The action of the drugs of this group is aimed at vasodilation and relaxation of smooth muscles, thereby providing an anesthetic and antispasmodic effect. Representatives of antispasmodics: Drotaverin, No-shpalgin, Nomigren.
- Narcotic analgesics. This is a strong remedy, which the doctor can appoint to the patient in extreme cases, with acute pain syndrome. Such drugs depress the transmission of pain, they eliminate the emotional perception of pain, causing the patient a feeling of euphoria and comfort. To the list of narcotic painkillers are medicines based on codeine, morphine, fentanyl. This group includes such well-known pain medications as Nurofen Plus and Sedalgin Neo.
As you can see, the list of analgesic tablets is huge, and in such a variety of drugs it is difficult to navigate. To help with the choice, let’s present an overview of the most popular analgesics used in various types of pain.
Painkilling tablets for headache
To treat headaches caused by fatigue, nervous tension or colds, inexpensive analgesic tablets are used: Analgin, Citramon, Tempalgin, Baralgin. When migraines caused by spasm of blood vessels, stronger medications are prescribed.
- Citramon. A popular combination for the treatment of headaches of unknown origin, used for several decades. The combination of caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid dilates the vessels and relieves spasm, removes pain and has anti-inflammatory effect. Another active substance – paracetamol shows antipyretic and analgesic properties. The drug should not be taken with violations of blood coagulability, peptic ulcer and gout. Price Citramon in pharmacies – from 10 to 30 rubles.
- Analgin (analogue of Tempalgin). Anesthetic from the group of non-narcotic analgesics based on sodium metamizole. Has a pronounced analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effect. It is used for pain syndrome of various origin (including headaches and migraine pains). This is an inexpensive and affordable tool, but today it is considered obsolete and gives preference to more modern analogues (Tempalgin, Baralgin). Analgin can cause allergic reactions and adversely affect the hematopoiesis system. The drug is contraindicated for use during pregnancy, violations of the liver and kidneys and increased sensitivity to its components. The price of Analgin is from 12 to 50 rubles.
- Sumatriptan. The drug with antimigraine activity, used with regular attacks of severe headache. Produced in the form of tablets, coated with a film shell. Sumatriptan has a lot of contraindications, so a doctor should prescribe a medicine for migraine and control its use. Anesthetic, if used improperly, can cause side reactions from the nervous, digestive, respiratory, cardiovascular system. The dosage of the drug is selected by the doctor individually, taking into account the severity of the pain syndrome. The cost of analgesic is from 120 rubles.
In addition, for the relief of attacks of headache, you can take such combined analgesics as Solpadein, Pentalgin. With vasospasm, Papaverin, No-shpa, Buskopan will help, with inflammatory processes accompanied by a headache, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac or Ketoprofen should be preferred.
Anesthetic tablets with toothache
Anesthetic pills with toothache eliminate discomfort, but can not replace dental treatment. Therefore, they can be taken only for a short time, to stop the acute pain syndrome and not to delay with the reference to the doctor. The most popular remedies for toothache are:
- Ketanov (Ketorolac). The most powerful painkillers, effectively stopping acute toothache. They differ in prolonged action, after taking the pill, the effect persists for 8 hours. At the same time, these drugs are toxic and cause a number of side effects from various body systems. If you take a pill before visiting a dentist, be sure to tell your doctor about this, otherwise the use of anesthetics during the treatment may not have the desired effect. The cost of the drug is from 240 rubles.
- Nyz (Nimesil) – anesthetics based on nimesulide. Not bad coping with toothache during pulpitis, periodontitis, has anti-inflammatory effect. The drug belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and is widely used for the relief of pain syndrome of various etiologies. Virtually all drugs of this group can not be taken with erosive lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and kidney pathologies, during pregnancy and lactation. Before taking the pill, carefully read the instructions for the drug and read the list of possible side effects, which are many. The cost of Naise is from 200 rubles.
- Nurofen. Another drug from the NSAID group with a pronounced analgesic effect. The effect of taking the pill is saved up to 8 hours. The drug can be used for a short time, to eliminate acute attacks of toothache. In addition, Nurofen is widely used in the treatment of joint and muscle pains, rheumatism, radiculitis, neuralgia, sports injuries and other infectious diseases and musculoskeletal injuries. Like most drugs from this group, Nurofen has quite a few contraindications and side effects, so take the drug with caution. The cost of Nurofen is from 90 rubles.
In addition to the above drugs, for relief of toothache, you can take Analgin, Spazmalgon, Pentalgin, Tempalgin.
Anesthetics for pain in joints
Articular pain can be caused by various causes (trauma, degenerative changes, inflammatory process). Anesthetic should be selected taking into account the factor that causes the pain syndrome. With arthritis and arthrosis of various etiologies, the most popular groups of drugs are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs based on ibuprofen, indromethacin or diclofenac. In addition, non-narcotic analgesics are used to relieve the pain syndrome, or in severe cases prescribe narcotics (Tramadol, Promedol, Tramal).
Diclofenac in tablets is prescribed for relief of joint and muscle pain. In addition to anesthetic action, the drug exhibits anti-inflammatory effect, relieves puffiness, helps to eliminate morning stiffness of joints and improve their mobility. This is one of the most effective and safe drugs. He does not have many side effects, the restriction to use is children’s age (up to 6 years), pregnancy, lactation, individual sensitivity, hematopoiesis, peptic ulcer, liver and kidney pathologies. The cost of the drug in tablets is from 15 to 45 rubles.
Texamen is a drug from the NSAID group with a powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Quickly stops the inflammatory process and thereby eliminates the source of pain in muscle and articular pathologies. The list of side effects and contraindications is similar to most drugs from the category of NSAIDs. The price of the drug is from 250 rubles.
For the removal of joint pain, the doctor can prescribe oxicam (Piroxicam, Meloxicam), the distinguishing feature of which is the possibility of prolonged use and fewer side effects. In addition, in orthopedic practice, medications based on celecoxib and nemisulide (Nyz, Nemid), or strong drugs with prolonged action (Ketorolac, Ketanov), which provide an anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect, are widely used. In severe cases, use strong drugs (Tramal, Tramadol). Also, the Arthropant Joint Cream has proved its worth.
Anesthetics for pain in the back
Pain syndrome in the back is a companion of such diseases as spondylosis, osteochondrosis, arthritis, arthrosis, sciatica, sciatica, etc. What groups of pain medications are used to eliminate an unpleasant symptom? Most often, with back pain, medicines from the NSAID group (Ibuprofen, Nimesulid, Diclofenac, Indomethacin, Naproxen), non-narcotic analgesics (Baralgin, Tempalgin, Pentalgin, Ketanov) or narcotic group drugs (Tramadol, Tramal) are prescribed.
Indomethacin. A popular remedy with an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect. The drug from the NSAID group helps to reduce the pain syndrome, reduces puffiness, reduces morning stiffness. It is used for pain in the spine, inflammatory process in soft tissues and joints. Tablets, film-coated, take in the dosage indicated by the doctor twice a day. At the same time, this remedy has many contraindications and an extensive list of side effects, so take them with caution. The price is from 45 rubles.
Naproxen. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug based on naphthylpropionic acid with a pronounced analgesic and antipyretic effect. It effectively fights against the inflammatory process in the tissues of the joints, is used for pains in the spine, myalgia, neuralgia and other inflammatory lesions of the musculoskeletal system. This drug has fewer contraindications than other NSAIDs and the drug is much better tolerated, causing fewer adverse reactions from various body systems. The price of Naproxen in tablets is from 180 rubles.
Anesthetic tablets with hemorrhoids
With the progression of hemorrhoids, pain in the anus occurs when defecating. In an acute period, the pain syndrome increases and causes a significant discomfort to the patient. To relieve the unpleasant sensations will help painkillers, which should appoint a specialist – proctologist. The most popular anesthetics for hemorrhoids are Detralex, Flebodia, Hemoroidin, Ibuklin, which not only show analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, but also have venotonic properties. Their reception reduces stagnant phenomena in the organs of the small pelvis, strengthens the walls of the vessels and thereby allows you to fight the main cause of hemorrhoids.
- Detralex. The drug with venotonic effect on the basis of flavonoids and diosmin, reduces pain sensations within an hour after the first application. Detralex increases the tone of the veins, reduces the permeability of blood vessels, prevents the development of bleeding during hemorrhoids and effectively eliminates pain syndrome during exacerbation of the disease. The drug is well tolerated, has a minimum of contraindications (hypersensitivity, lactation period) and rarely causes side effects. If undesirable symptoms appear on the part of the digestive or nervous system, they proceed in mild form and disappear after the drug is discontinued. The cost of Detralex is from 800 rubles.
- Flebodia. With hemorrhoids, the drug contributes to the elimination of pain syndrome, exhibits a venotonic effect, improves blood microcirculation and lymphatic flow, eliminates stagnation and improves vascular tone. This is one of the most effective means for inflammatory processes in the rectum, which not only relieves pain, but also eliminates the causes that provoke its appearance. The therapeutic effect of taking the pill is maintained for 5 hours. The average price of Flebodia is from 600 rubles.
In addition to the above drugs, to remove the pain during exacerbations of hemorrhoids, you can use tools such as Ibuklin, Nyz, Pentalgin, Pileks, Asklezan.
The most powerful painkillers
Among the drugs with the most powerful analgesic effect are opioid-based analgesics. These are such drugs as:
They provide a powerful analgesic effect, but they have a lot of contraindications and side effects. Among them, the most dangerous are the addiction to the drug and the emergence of drug dependence. Such drugs can not be used in children and pregnant or lactating women. Strong painkillers are prescribed in severe cases, they can not be purchased at the pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription.
Among drugs from the group of NSAIDs and non-narcotic antispasmodics dispensed without a prescription, you can identify such drugs as Meloxam, Nalgezin, Sedalgin, Celebrex, Spazgan, Solpadein, Ketonal.
In any case, before taking an anesthetic, it is necessary to consult a doctor and determine the cause that causes the onset of the pain syndrome in order to direct efforts to treat the underlying disease.
Reference number 1
I prefer not to endure the headache, but to take off pills. Always keep a package Tempalgina.
This tool helps me the best. Already half an hour after taking the pill, even a strong headache recedes and the condition improves. I had to take and funds with anti-inflammatory effect. With exacerbation of osteochondrosis, the doctor advised to take pain with Diclofenac or Indomethacin tablets. Also strong drugs, but they need to be taken with caution, since they have a bad effect on the gastric mucosa.
Reference number 2
Last month the tooth ached wildly, and the next morning the cheek swelled with flux. I had to urgently go to the surgeon, pull out the tooth and cut the gum to get out the pus. After the frost went away, strong pains began, the doctor prescribed a prescription for the anesthetic agent Ketanov.
The medicine is inexpensive, about 60 rubles for packaging, but it is only released on prescription. After taking just one small tablet, the pain went away after 5 minutes and the anesthetic effect lasted about 6 hours.
A very powerful remedy, I only had three pills to completely stop the attacks of pain and recover from dental surgery.